US: Deutsche Bank cuts Anheuser rating
The investment bank said it had downgraded the brewer from "buy" to "hold", citing concerns that the positive impact on earnings of solid industry pricing, volume gains and costs control are factored into the brewer's share price.
It added that it also had fears that any successful bid from InBev would lead to aggressive cost reduction at the combined entity, which risks harming brands, distribution and execution.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Lotte Group has moved to distance itself from reports that it may be interested in acquiring Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean brewer....
The final hurdles blocking InBev's acquisition of Anheuser-Busch have been cleared ahead of the deal completion yesterday (18 November)....
The vice president of global media and sports marketing at Anheuser-Busch has announced his retirement....
InBev has announced that it has completed its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch, closing the biggest deal in brewing history....
InBev must sell its Labatt USA beer business in order to complete the US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch, the US competition regulator has said....
View 10 of the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Tsingtao Brewery has bought a 39% stake in the joint venture owned by fellow Chinese brewer Yantai and Japanese brewer Asahi....
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- William Grant and Drambuie: It Had to be You
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Soft Drinks & Water - Russia in Turmoil
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- Diageo opens Guinness Brewhouse No 4 in Dublin
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l