US: Deutsche Bank cuts Anheuser rating
The investment bank said it had downgraded the brewer from "buy" to "hold", citing concerns that the positive impact on earnings of solid industry pricing, volume gains and costs control are factored into the brewer's share price.
It added that it also had fears that any successful bid from InBev would lead to aggressive cost reduction at the combined entity, which risks harming brands, distribution and execution.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The Lotte Group has moved to distance itself from reports that it may be interested in acquiring Anheuser-Busch InBev's South Korean brewer....
The final hurdles blocking InBev's acquisition of Anheuser-Busch have been cleared ahead of the deal completion yesterday (18 November)....
The vice president of global media and sports marketing at Anheuser-Busch has announced his retirement....
InBev has announced that it has completed its acquisition of Anheuser-Busch, closing the biggest deal in brewing history....
InBev must sell its Labatt USA beer business in order to complete the US$52bn takeover of Anheuser-Busch, the US competition regulator has said....
View 10 of the top stories published on just-drinks this week....
Tsingtao Brewery has bought a 39% stake in the joint venture owned by fellow Chinese brewer Yantai and Japanese brewer Asahi....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018