US: Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits appoints Pernod Ricard man as new CFO
Peter Szemenyei, who has spent the last ten years at Pernod, will report to Deutsch's president Tom Steffanci, the New York-based wine and spirits marketer said yesterday (1 August). He will be responsible for all strategic and tactical financial activities, while leading the firm's pricing, forecasting, operations, analytics and finance teams, the company said.
It is not immediately clear who Szemenyei will replace.
“Deutsch Family is a leader in the industry and I am thrilled to become a part of the executive team and help build on what is an impressive history of driving growth,” said Szemenyei, who also worked for Seagram for 19 years prior to Pernod.
In May this year, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits changed its name, having previously been WJ Deutsch & Sons.
Among the brands it represents in the US are Casella Wine's Yellow Tail and Georges Duboeuf's Beaujolais wine brands, as well as the Lady Cognac and Luksusowa vodka spirits brands.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends