Product Launch - UK: Destilerias Unidas' Diplomatico Single Vintage 2000
Click through to view Destilerias Unidas Diplomatico Single Vintage 2000
Destilerias Unidas' Diplomático Single Vintage 2000
Category - Spirits, rum, Venezuela
Available - From this week
Location - UK, before rolling out in Europe
Price - RRP of GBP80 (US$128) per 70cl bottle
Destilerias Unidas has launched a 13-year-old extension of its Diplomático rum brand in the UK. Single Vintage 2000 will be on limited release in the country, the company said yesterday (10 October).
The sugar cane harvest in Venezuela in 2000 was one of the best in the country's history, according tot he company.
Destilerias Unidas supplies the majority of rum for Diageo's Pampero brand, according to the company.
Diplomático launch its Single Vintage 2000 Rum in the UK this week. The Single Vintage 2000 is a limited edition created by Master Blender Tito Cordero.
The Single Vintage 2000 is the result of a careful selection of reserves, laid down to age at Destilerias Unidas in the year 2000. During that year a number of factors contributed to rare climatic conditions for sugar cane growth. Firstly there were particularly high temperatures during the day and much cooler nights than expected. This was followed by high humidity and lower than average rainfall, after an extremely wet year in 1999. These contrasting weather conditions played an integral part in creating one of the best sugar cane harvests in Venezuelan history.
Tito Cordero comments: "It´s a truly unique limited edition, a vintage that we are really proud of at Ron Diplomático, having let a specific harvest shine naturally and develop its own personality".
The exceptional quality of the sugar cane honey was achieved by the particular distillation processes used in the production of Diplomático Rum. Ancient copper Pot Stills and a kettle batch system combine to give this single vintage an exceptional character, ageing in the very best bourbon and single malt whisky casks before being rested in the finest Spanish sherry wood.
Diplomático Single Vintage 2000 will be released in October at various European drinks shows, including the Moscow Bar Show and Berlin Bar Convention, as well as private launches in Brussels, Amsterdam and Prague. In the UK the Single Vintage 2000 will launch to the wider drinks industry at Rumfest in London.
The Diplomático Single Vintage 2000 has an RRP of £80 and will be available to trade customers at £57 from the end of October.
Original source: Company Release
While many drinks companies have highlighted Africa as a continent that offers huge potential, the region is not without its well-documented perils and pitfalls. Most notable among these is the logist...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends