US: Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés and Death's Door Spirits have signed a distribution and marketing agreement in the US.
The companies, which announced the deal this week, said that the deal is a long-term partnership that will involve collaboration on distribution, marketing and product development. Financial details were not disclosed.
For Destilería Serrallés, the tie-up offers it a route into white spirits categories and a chance to expand its portfolio beyond the DonQ rum brand. "Death’s Door Spirits will take an active role in brand and product innovation with Destilería Serrallés," said the companies.
"We believe the strategic partnership with Death’s Door Spirits is crucial to sustaining the momentum our company has," said Serrallés VP and US sales manager John Eason.
For Death's Door, whose portfolio includes its namesake gin, the deal offers access to Serrallés' US-wide distribution network. It will seek to reach new consumers with its 'craft' spirits. “This opportunity has tremendous upside for both parties,” said Brian Ellison, president and CEO of Death’s Door Spirits.
The two companies will remain independent entities, with Death’s Door Spirits national sales director, John Kinder, working in tandem with the Serrallés USA sales & marketing teams under the leadership of John Eason.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research