US: Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés and Death's Door Spirits have signed a distribution and marketing agreement in the US.
The companies, which announced the deal this week, said that the deal is a long-term partnership that will involve collaboration on distribution, marketing and product development. Financial details were not disclosed.
For Destilería Serrallés, the tie-up offers it a route into white spirits categories and a chance to expand its portfolio beyond the DonQ rum brand. "Death’s Door Spirits will take an active role in brand and product innovation with Destilería Serrallés," said the companies.
"We believe the strategic partnership with Death’s Door Spirits is crucial to sustaining the momentum our company has," said Serrallés VP and US sales manager John Eason.
For Death's Door, whose portfolio includes its namesake gin, the deal offers access to Serrallés' US-wide distribution network. It will seek to reach new consumers with its 'craft' spirits. “This opportunity has tremendous upside for both parties,” said Brian Ellison, president and CEO of Death’s Door Spirits.
The two companies will remain independent entities, with Death’s Door Spirits national sales director, John Kinder, working in tandem with the Serrallés USA sales & marketing teams under the leadership of John Eason.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban