US: Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés signs Death's Door Spirits tie-up
Destilería Serrallés and Death's Door Spirits have signed a distribution and marketing agreement in the US.
The companies, which announced the deal this week, said that the deal is a long-term partnership that will involve collaboration on distribution, marketing and product development. Financial details were not disclosed.
For Destilería Serrallés, the tie-up offers it a route into white spirits categories and a chance to expand its portfolio beyond the DonQ rum brand. "Death’s Door Spirits will take an active role in brand and product innovation with Destilería Serrallés," said the companies.
"We believe the strategic partnership with Death’s Door Spirits is crucial to sustaining the momentum our company has," said Serrallés VP and US sales manager John Eason.
For Death's Door, whose portfolio includes its namesake gin, the deal offers access to Serrallés' US-wide distribution network. It will seek to reach new consumers with its 'craft' spirits. “This opportunity has tremendous upside for both parties,” said Brian Ellison, president and CEO of Death’s Door Spirits.
The two companies will remain independent entities, with Death’s Door Spirits national sales director, John Kinder, working in tandem with the Serrallés USA sales & marketing teams under the leadership of John Eason.
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends