UK: Designer Diet Coke cans hit UK
A new range of handbag-sized cans of Diet Coke is being prepared for the UK. Crown Bevcan Europe & Middle East is manufacturing a series of limited edition designed by female celebrities Denise Van Outen, Sadie Frost, Alesha Dixon and Jenny Frost.
Currently available in Boots, Superdrug, Compass, Total, T&S and BP, the cans, which went on sale on 1 November, are being sold in aid of housing charity Shelter.
The designs were created in conjunction with designer Pauric Sweeny.
In a statement, Caroline Archer-Reed, marketing director for Crown Bevcan Europe & Middle East said: "It has been highly rewarding for the Crown team to be involved with such a worthy cause.
"In addition, the campaign serves as yet another high profile example of the suitability of the can at carrying promotional campaigns for major brands."
Diet Coke is supporting Shelter in its aim to bring an end to bad housing in Britain. The campaign is designed to raise awareness and funds for the charity that helps 100,000 young people in the UK every year.
Sectors: Soft drinks
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?