US: Dep't integration leads to promotions at Coca-Cola Co.
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed plans to integrate three of its business functions into one structure, resulting in five internal promotions.
The soft drinks giant announced yesterday (10 June) that the global business services, global information technology and transformational productivity departments will come together and be known as global business and technology services (GBTS).
The newly-formed organisation will "enable the company to deliver global business services such as compensation and benefits administration, accounting and financial reporting, and application development and support - services that are highly dependent on technology and standardised processes - to its business units in a more effective and efficient way," Coca-Cola said.
From 1 July, Harry Anderson, the current vice president and controller, will lead the GBTS and report to Alex Cummings, chief administrative officer, and Gary Fayard, CFO.
The election of Kathy Waller to the position of controller, meanwhile, will be recommended to Coca-Cola's board of directors next month. If approved, Waller, currently vice president and chief of internal audit, would assume the position from 1 August.
The company's management will also recommend at next month's board meeting that Connie McDaniel, the vice president and head of global finance transformation, moves to become chief of internal audit.
Jeremy Faa, currently global director of finance transformation, will expand his responsibilities to include the overall strategic direction and implementation of the global finance transformation.
Finally, Ann Taylor, the vice president and chief financial officer for transformational productivity, will head up global business services, from 1 July, reporting in to Anderson.
Britvic, the UK's biggest soft drinks group, set tongues wagging this week following news that it plans to raise US$250m in a private placement, leading analysts to believe the J2O maker is almost cer...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
CKE Restaurants has expanded its offering from The Coca-Cola Co to include the drinks firm's Vitaminwater portfolio....
Drinks heavyweights SABMiller, Coca-Cola Co and Nestle have called for greater investment in water sustainability amid a growing gap in global supply and demand....
China will play a leading role in Coca-Cola Co's plan to double annual sales in the next decade, the soft drinks giant has said....
The Coca-Cola Co has lined up a global tie-up between its Coke Zero brand and the forthcoming film directed by James Cameron, Avatar....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola Co. is to invest US$5.8bn in Brazil over the next five years....
Molson Coors has confirmed the appointment of a new president for its international unit....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research