Product Launch - UK: Demijohn's Wild Bullace Liqueur
Click through to view Demijohn's Wild Bullace Liqueur
Demijohn's Wild Bullace Liqueur
Category - Fruit liqueur, 22% abv
Available - From this week
Location - Demijohn shops in Glasgow, Edinburgh and York, also online
Price - GBP4.80 (US$7.65) per 10cl
Distribution - Demijohn
Demijohn has launched a liqueur based on wild bullace, a member of the plum family that is similar to the sloe berry.
The bullace is picked in Worcestershire and fermented in gin for a damson-like taste with a slight bitter twist, Demijohn said. The new product targets the summer cocktail market and comes in a bottle celebrating the Queen's diamond jubilee, which takes place on 4 June.
“We are fervent about using hedgerow fruits and flowers to produce original and delicious drinks and our Wild Bullace Liqueur is exactly the type of fruit liqueur we love and as well as drinking it can be used as the basis for sauces and cocktails,” said Demijohn managing director Angus Ferguson.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director