UK: Demand for bulk water to fall
Although the West European market for bulk water is currently growing four times as fast as that for packaged water, demand is expected to slow over the medium to long term according to a new report from beverage industry analysts Canadean. The rate of increase in the demand for bulk water (supplied in containers of between 10 and 20 litres) will, say Canadean, decline as the distribution of units becomes more widespread. The number of coolers in West Europe, which accounts for slightly less than ten per cent of the world's bulk water consumption, is currently estimated to exceed one million. Dispensers are now increasingly found in workplaces, hospitals, cafes, restaurants and bars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Interview - Harviestoun Brewery MD Toby Knowles
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends