NZ: Delegat's calms share leap concerns
Delegat's Group has moved to clarify a recent leap in its share price.
The New Zealand wine company was responding to a request from the New Zealand Stock Exchange today (9 March). Delegat's saw its share price rise to NZ$2.78 today, a 10.32% rise since the market closed yesterday.
The company pointed to an article in today's New Zealand Herald, which dealt with the current grape harvest for the country's wine industry as a whole. "In addition, Goldman Sachs JB Were (NZ) Ltd released their own research report on Delegat's yesterday," the company added.
No further details were given.
Last month, Delegat's posted a 59% leap in sales for the last six months of 2006. Net profit for the period almost doubled to NZ$6.4m (US$4.4m).
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research