CANADA: Delegat establishes Oyster Bay sales team
Delegat's Wine Estate, producers of New Zealand wine Oyster Bay, is to establish a wholly-owned sales subsidiary in Canada to represent the brand.
The establishment of Oyster Bay Wines Canada follows the company's model of using wholly-owned in-market sales subsidiaries in the UK, Australia and the US, the company said today (11 March).
The team, which will begin operating in June, will be led by national sales manager Daryl Prefontaine, with sales teams to be established in the provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec. Sales agents will be appointed in the remaining provinces.
"We look forward to working directly with our customers to further the growth of Oyster Bay in Canada," the company said.
Oyster Bay was launched in Canada in 1991 and was one of the first markets the brand was introduced in.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends