UK: Delays hit AG Barr's facility upgrade
has faced “a number of operational challenges” related to the upgrade
AG Barr has said that it has been hit with delays to the upgrade of its Cumbernauld, UK site.
The Irn-Bru and Rubicon maker said in a trading update last week that it has faced "a number of operational challenges" related to the final stages of its GBP10m (US$16.4m) investment in the facility, situated near Glasgow. AG Barr has been busy restructuring its production facilities this year with the sale of its Mansfield plant in June and the upgrade of its Cumbernauld site.
However, the firm said that short-term capacity issues and higher costs during the first half of the year have delayed the upgrade at the Cumbernauld facility.
"Final installation activities are expected to be completed in the next few weeks and we anticipate a gradual improvement in our production capacity and efficiencies over the coming months," AG Barr said.
Last week, the firm told the market that it expects to report a 3.5% increase in first-half net sales, despite "increased competitive activity and unfavourable weather patterns".
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends