LITHUANIA: Degtine in the black
Degtine's turnover for the first six months increased by 2.8% to LL11.65m. In volume terms, spirits sales rose by 2.9% to 1.455m litres, the company said.
Last month, the Lithuanian State Property Fund, which is running the privatisation, opened negotiations with Belvedere Dystrybucja, the Polish subsidiary of the French group Belvedere, for the sale of an 82.27% stake in Vilniaus Degtine. Belvedere is reported to have offered in excess of LL20m for the majority stake.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down