LITHUANIA: Degtine in the black
Degtine's turnover for the first six months increased by 2.8% to LL11.65m. In volume terms, spirits sales rose by 2.9% to 1.455m litres, the company said.
Last month, the Lithuanian State Property Fund, which is running the privatisation, opened negotiations with Belvedere Dystrybucja, the Polish subsidiary of the French group Belvedere, for the sale of an 82.27% stake in Vilniaus Degtine. Belvedere is reported to have offered in excess of LL20m for the majority stake.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends