US: Dean Foods rolls-out Swiss Premium Tea
US dairy processor Dean Foods is expanding its range to include a ready-to-drink ice tea for the summer.
Swiss Premium Tea will be rolled-out in grocery stores across the country this month and is available in gallon and half-gallon jugs, and single-serve pints, the company said yesterday (27 May).
Flavours include regular and diet with lemon, sweetened tea/southern style and green tea with ginseng and honey flavours.
"To date, Swiss Premium Tea has only been marketed in a number of select markets, yet it is ranked as the third top-selling brand in the country," said Rick Zuroweste, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Dean Foods. "Added to that, tea consumption has doubled nationally over the past decade. For these reasons, we see tremendous growth and refreshment opportunities by introducing the Swiss Premium Tea brand to a national audience."
Earlier this month Dean Foods priced an offering of 22.5m shares of its common stock at US$18.25 per share. The company said at the time that it expected to receive net proceeds from the offering of around $394m, which it intends to use to repay senior notes which were due on 15 May.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets