USA: Dean Foods Company to Close Sacramento Milk Plant
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced a decision to close its Sacramento, California milk plant and move production from that facility to its San Leandro, California milk plant and the Berkeley Farms milk plant located in Hayward, California.The closure will affect approximately 48 hourly and salaried employees at the Sacramento milk plant, and will result in a charge to fourth quarter earnings of approximately $3 million. All affected employees will receive a comprehensive outplacement program including severance, job counseling and extended health benefits."Consolidating operations is a necessary step for us to remain competitive within our fluid operations," said Dick Bailey, President and Chief Operating Officer. "This move ensures our ability to continue to serve our customer base from other Dean plants while maximizing our cost competitiveness. This plant consolidation will result in substantially lower operating cost going forward."Dean Foods is one of the nation's leading dairy processors and distributors producing a full line of branded and private label products, including fluid milk, ice cream and extended shelf life products, which are sold under the Dean's and other strong regional brand names. Dean Foods is the industry leader in other food products including pickles, powdered non-dairy coffee creamers, aseptically packaged foodservice products, and refrigerated dips and salad dressings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018