USA: Dean Foods Company to Close Sacramento Milk Plant
Dean Foods Company (NYSE: DF) today announced a decision to close its Sacramento, California milk plant and move production from that facility to its San Leandro, California milk plant and the Berkeley Farms milk plant located in Hayward, California.The closure will affect approximately 48 hourly and salaried employees at the Sacramento milk plant, and will result in a charge to fourth quarter earnings of approximately $3 million. All affected employees will receive a comprehensive outplacement program including severance, job counseling and extended health benefits."Consolidating operations is a necessary step for us to remain competitive within our fluid operations," said Dick Bailey, President and Chief Operating Officer. "This move ensures our ability to continue to serve our customer base from other Dean plants while maximizing our cost competitiveness. This plant consolidation will result in substantially lower operating cost going forward."Dean Foods is one of the nation's leading dairy processors and distributors producing a full line of branded and private label products, including fluid milk, ice cream and extended shelf life products, which are sold under the Dean's and other strong regional brand names. Dean Foods is the industry leader in other food products including pickles, powdered non-dairy coffee creamers, aseptically packaged foodservice products, and refrigerated dips and salad dressings.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends