ROMANIA: DDV on target to double turnover in 2006
The Romanian wine importer Depozitul de Vinuri (DDV) has said it is on target to achieve its objective of doubling turnover this year to EUR1.5m (US$1.93m).
The company, which is part of the RTC Holding group, said sales progression in the January to September quarter was in line with the desired growth rate for it to reach its target.
DDV also said it expected Romania's accession into the EU in 2007 to provide a further boost to wine imports.
Among the brands in the DDV portfolio is the Italian wine Piccini which is expected to account for as much as 15% of the company's sales this year.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets