CANADA: DBRS downgrades Cadbury Schweppes
The equity analyst Dominion Bond Rating Service has downgraded a number of Cadbury group companies on concerns of future sales and earnings growth.
DBRS downgraded Cadbury Beverages Canada Inc.'s commercial paper to R-2 (high), Cadbury Schweppes plc's (CSG) corporate rating to BBB, and Cadbury Schweppes U.S. Finance LLC's guaranteed senior notes to BBB.
In a press release, DBRS said the ratings are due to restructuring costs expected to be about £900m through 2007. It also said that it believed future expectations for sales and earnings growth would delay balance sheet recovery to three to four years.
Also of concern was reversing the declining sales trend and improving margins for the recently acquired Adams business. Results from US beverages have also weakened and it is unclear when results will improve, DBRS said.
Cadbury-Schweppes has insisted that the disposal of its European soft drinks businesses is not indicative of a move away from soft drinks, but analysts see the group focusing increasingly on confectio...
Cadbury Schweppes has agreed to sell its European beverages business....
PepsiCo has refused to comment on reports linking the company with a bid for Cadbury Schweppes' soft drink business....
The European arm of drinks group Cadbury Schweppes is expected to be sold next month for around GBP1.1bn ($1.9bn), according to press reports....
UK-based soft drinks to sweets group Cadbury Schweppes has issued a trading update ahead of an investor seminar to be held in Dallas, Texas on 10 and 11 October....
Cadbury Schweppes is moving ever closer to selling off its European soft drinks business, according to German press reports....
Rumours are circling that Cadbury Schweppes' soft drinks business may be merged with Britvic....
Cadbury Schweppes Americas brand Mott's has announced a new line of fortified beverages....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends