NEW ZEALAND: DB strong in H1, on course for year
DB Breweries has posted a rise in H1 net profit and believes it is on course to reach its target growth in annual operating profit for the year.
The New Zealand brewer today announced a 2.1% rise in net profit to NZ$17.2m (US$10.37m) for the first half to 31 March, compared with NZ$16.8m a year earlier. Operating profit, expressed as EBIT, rose by 14.2% year-on-year to NZ$26.8m.
Speaking to Dow Jones Newswires, managing director Brian Blake said: "We have focused on growing EBIT by 10% a year, and I think we are on target to do that again this year.
"Margins are tight in the more mainstream brands, but we continue to achieve good sales, which should see us achieve our full-year target," he added.
DB Breweries, which is 77%-owned by Asia Pacific Breweries Ltd., a joint-venture between Heineken and Singapore-based Fraser & Neave Ltd., expects its share of the beer market to grow further in the next 12 months.
The company has increased its market share by 0.5 percentage point to 35.5% over the last 12 months, Blake said.
Dutch brewer Heineken is rumored to have released a self-chilling beer can....
ING has raised its target for Heineken's share price after analysing the brewer's options to save costs....
Heineken's CEO-in-waiting has no plan to radically alter the brewer's strategy, he said in an interview today....
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Heineken Espana is looking to invest heavily in a new plant in southern Spain....
Grupo Empresarial Bavaria is not looking to sell up, its president has confirmed....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends