ITALY: Davide Campari-Milano sees V&S opportunities - report
Davide Campari-Milano is hoping to feed off scraps from the potential sale of Vin & Sprit, according to a recent interview.
Speaking to Corriere della Serra over the weekend, the drinks group's CEO, Bob Kunze-Concewitz said that, whilst buying the Absolut vodka brand from the Swedish government is out of its reach, the possible sale of the state-owned company could present some appealing opportunities.
When asked if Campari would be interested in the sales process, Kunze-Concewitz told the paper: "No, this is a deal for big players. But it could represent a great opportunity also for us. It shuffles the cards and different scenarios could emerge."
Kunze-Concewitz also said that the main contenders, which include Diageo, Pernod Ricard, Bacardi and Fortune Brands, may need to sell one of their current brands to avoid anti-trust issues. Alternatively the "big players" may need to sell brands to raise funds or may even require local distributors. "That is how we could enter the scene," he added.
Earlier this month, Gruppo Campari, of which Davide Campari-Milano is the parent company, posted a 7.9% lift in operating profit for the six months to the end of June, hitting EUR92.7m (US$127.8m) for the period. Net sales for the half-year were up by 5.4% to EUR40.6m.
Davide Campari-Milano has posted a healthy lift in full-year net profit, with all segments delivering growth in 2007....
Italian wines and spirits group Campari is considering a capital increase to fund a major acquisition, and feels the privatisation of V&S Group could provide it with possible acquisition targets, acco...
Skyy Spirits has renewed the IndyCar sponsorship deal for its recently-purchased Cabo Wabo Tequila brand....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Gruppo Campari has unveiled a flavoured extension of its Skyy vodka brand in the US....
Pernod Ricard has announced plans to cease distribution of Campari International's brands in southern Central Europe....
Central European Distribution Corp. is to acquire a major stake in Russian wine and spirit importer and distributor The Whitehall Group....
UBS has raised its rating on Davide Campari-Milano....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Top Trends in Hot Drinks 2017