FRANCE: Dare to Drink Pink; As Warm Weather Approaches Chateau Routas Releases 1999 Rouviere Rose
Americans have a long tradition of emulating the French lifestyle, and now with the U.S. arrival of the 1999 Chateau Routas Rouviere Rose, they can partake in one of the most popular French customs -- sipping Rose in the sunshine.While U.S. winedrinking tastes have lingered in the whites and reds, there is now a move toward looking at the wine world through Rose-colored glasses. The 1999 Rouviere Rose, elegantly refreshing and dry with an alluring pink hue, heralds from France's southern region of Provence, where Rose is de rigueur throughout the long warm season.A vibrant blend of the Rhone grapes Grenache, Cinsault and Syrah, the Routas Rose has an approachable complexity. Characterized by its bursting flavors and aromas of lavender, strawberries and fresh herbs, it can be enjoyed all year long, but is especially welcome when those same flowers, fruits and greens are in season. 4,500 cases have been released with a suggested retail price of $9.00.Chateau Routas, family owned and operated since 1992, produces 20,000 cases annually of Rhone-style, estate-grown and -bottled wines. Located in the Coteaux Varois appellation in the south of France, it is 40 minutes from Aix-en-Provence and one hour from Nice. More information is available at www.routas.com.Watch for news about the Routas Pink Cadillac cruising across the country this summer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research