POLAND: Danone's Polish acquisition watered down by US fears
Groupe Danone has agreed to acquire an 88% stake in Poland's leading bottled water producer Zywiec Zdroj. With a turnover of €45m in 2001, Zywiec Zdroj is the leader in a Polish market of 1.3 billion litres of water per year, the largest in Eastern Europe. In April 2001, Danone took up a 50% stake in the company, which, the company said is experiencing strong growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne