POLAND: Danone's Polish acquisition watered down by US fears
Groupe Danone has agreed to acquire an 88% stake in Poland's leading bottled water producer Zywiec Zdroj. With a turnover of €45m in 2001, Zywiec Zdroj is the leader in a Polish market of 1.3 billion litres of water per year, the largest in Eastern Europe. In April 2001, Danone took up a 50% stake in the company, which, the company said is experiencing strong growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Stagnant wine growth a concern for Constellation
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Chateau Bastor-Lamontagne's So Sauternes
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads