FRANCE: Danone Waters records Q1 sales growth
- First quarter sales grew by 13.3% to EUR718m (US$1.04bn)
- Danone group sales climbed by 19.6% to EUR4.76bn
- Reiterated 2011 full-year group sales targets
- "Exceptionally good showing" for waters division
Danone Waters recorded first quarter sales growth of 13.3%
Danone Waters has recorded an increase in first-quarter sales, driven by volume growth in emerging markets.
For the three months to the end of March, Danone saw sales growth in its waters division of 13.3% to EUR718m (US$1.04bn). The division put in “an exceptionally good showing”, the food and drink giant said today (14 April), boosted by a 10.7% rise in volumes.
Total group sales climbed by 19.6% to EUR4.76bn, while like-for-like sales rose 8.5%.
“All four business lines and all the regions we operate in contributed to this acceleration [in sales], benefiting from very healthy pace in volumes," said Danone's chairman and CEO, Franck Riboud. "Waters and Baby Nutrition put in an exceptionally good showing, reporting growth of over 10% this quarter.”
Danone reiterated its 2011 full-year sales growth target of 6% to 8% on a like-for-like basis.
Danone does not publish first-quarter profits figures. However, the firm will release its first-half sales and profits numbers on 28 July.
Click here to view the earnings release.
Richard Hall is the chairman and founder of Zenith International, a food and drinks consultancy with around 1,000 clients in 50 countries. Here, we ask Hall what he expects the main influences will be...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research