FRANCE/CHINA: Danone ups Huiyuan stake
Groupe Danone has upped its stake in China's Huiyuan Juice following the company's IPO on the Hong Kong stock market.
The France-based company, which first invested in Huiyuan last year, has taken its stake to 24.32% following the float.
Emmanuel Faber, the head of Danone's business in Asia-Pacific, said: "The China fruit juice market is experiencing strong growth and we are excited to be part of this. We believe supporting and developing strong local brands such as Huiyuan Juice is key to our success in China."
China is Danone's third-largest market in terms of sales. Last year, the company saw sales reach EUR1.4bn (US$1.9bn), over 10% of its global revenues.
"With Danone as one of our key investors, we can leverage the expertise and management of a global leader in the food and beverage market," Huiyuan chairman and president Zhu Xinli said.
Following the recent floods in the UK, bottled water companies provided emergency supplies when mains water services broke down. Their largely unsung actions gave the companies a chance to demonstrate...
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Water is a growth area in the soft drinks market, and Nestlé has been a key player in this fast-expanding category. But the Swiss food and drinks giant has particularly high hopes for its Pure Life br...
Indian software group Wipro has refuted speculation that it is considering launching a takeover bid for the leading Indian bottled water company Bisleri, according to reports....
Danone has posted a slip in group net profit for the first six months of 2007....
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market....
Evian North America has appointed a new president and general manager....
Frucor Beverages has acquired the assets and brands of the Arano juice business in New Zealand....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report