CHINA: Danone to sell Huiyuan Juice Group stake to SAIF Partners
Danone has agreed to sell its 22.98% shareholding in China Huiyuan Juice Group
Danone has agreed to sell its 22.98% shareholding in China Huiyuan Juice Group to Hong-Kong-based private equity firm SAIF Partners for EUR200m (US$260m).
Danone said today (28 July) that the deal values Huiyuan, which has around a 40% share of China's juice market, at HK$6.00 (US$0.77) per share.
The French drinks and dairy giant said the sale will allow it to focus the activities of its waters division in China on natural mineral and spring water-based beverages.
“With a strong commitment to accelerate its development in the Chinese market, Danone will continue to focus on the growth opportunities of its four core categories in China,” the company said.
These categories are fresh dairy, waters, baby nutrition and medical nutrition.
Danone yesterday recorded an increase in first-half profits as its waters division posted “solid” sales growth.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2010....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends