SPAIN: Danone to merge flagship water brands
Danone Spain is to merge its flagship bottled water brands Font Vella and Aguas de Lanjaron.
"The legal process has begun to merge these two brands," a spokesperson told just-drinks today (9 May), without providing more details about the upcoming merger process. "We will disclose more information when the deal is completed," she added.
Font Vella and Lanjaron control 26.7% of Spain's fast-growing bottled water market, according to local market researcher Alimarket. The two brand's combined sales totalled EUR292m (US$371.6m) last year, up 5% from 2004, the researcher said. According to ACNielsen, Spain's bottled water sales totalled EUR1.6bn in 2005, up 10% from 2004.
The spokeperson confirmed that Font Vella and Lanjaron had been managed by the same Barcelona-based executive team since 1997. Apart from Font Vella and Lanjaron, Danone sells other sparkling and aromatic bottled trademarks Fonter, Fonteforte and Vivaris in Spain.
Russian soft drinks producer Wimm-Bill-Dann has said that unnamed shareholders will sell a 10% stake in the company to boost liquidity....
Drinks outperformed the rest of Groupe Danone's business during its third-quarter, as the French company reported rising sales for the three months to 30 September....
Despite a significant rise in marketing costs, C&C has reported a 66% rise in first half operating profits to EUR113.5m (US$142.2m) and a 77% rise in adjusted earnings per share to 28.7 cent. The grou...
Groupe Danone has bought a stake in Danish water group Aqua d'or....
Eastern Europe is set to provide impressive growth for bottled water companies, according to a recent report. Sales of bottled water last year in the region rose by 9%, a report by drinks analyst Zeni...
Groupe Danone has sold its Canadian bulk water operations....
Groupe Danone is reportedly planning to spend EUR500m-1bn (US$641m-1.2bn) in the next three to five years on acquisitions....
Drinks were the top performer during the first-half of the year at Groupe Danone, which has seen its "best-ever" leap in six-month sales....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer