CHINA: Danone to launch Nutri-Express
Groupe Danone is to launch a new beverage in China. The company plans to change its market positioning for its drinks business in the country as it looks to cater to increasingly sophisticated consumers and survive a rise in the price of raw materials.
Danone will launch a healthy beverage aimed at urban consumers through its joint venture with Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., China's largest drinks company. The drink is a mix of fresh milk and fruit juice called Nutri-Express.
Danone believes that so-called functional drinks, with ingredients intended to bring health benefits, are more profitable and will become the fastest-growing drinks category in China over the next five years.
Beverages constitute around 85% of Danone's Chinese business.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK