FRANCE: Danone to exercise €2 billion put option from S&N
The French food and drinks group, Danone SA, has announced that it will exercise its option to reclaim €2 billion from the UK brewing group, Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) in the second half of 2002. The option relates to the sale in 2000 of Danone's beer company, Kronenbourg, to S&N. Danone's divestment of Kronenbourg was in line with its strategy to focus on three core areas: fresh dairy products, bottled water and biscuits.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD