CHINA: Danone to appeal against Wahaha, again
Danone suffered a setback this week after the Hangzhou Intermediate People's Court upheld a previous decision by the arbitration commission in favour of Wahaha.
The French group, which signed a joint-venture with Wahaha in 1996, has fought a long-running battle in several countries against its Chinese partner, alleging Wahaha has illegally copied products and sold them outside of the venture. It has also accused Wahaha of failing to hand the Wahaha trademark over to the venture.
Reacting to the latest ruling, Danone said today (6 August): "With respect to this ruling, Danone will report to the appropriate superior judicial authorities."
It accused the Hangzhou Intermediate Court of failing to conduct a substantial review of the original arbitration commission ruling, which had "distorted the facts of the case, intentionally and maliciously misinterpreted and misapplied the laws of the People's Republic of China, and was an award that completely ignored the facts and law".
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
While the past 12 months have been difficult for many soft drinks companies, notably in North America, the last year has seen continued development in better-for-you categories, notably enhanced water...
Bottled water was the fastest growing sector of the global soft drinks market in 2007 but as the economic downturn squeezes middle-class wallets in Western Europe and North America, there is evidence ...
Drought conditions have made the last few years tough for Australian wine producers. But while one might have expected the extended hot and dry conditions to be a fillip for the soft drinks sector, fi...
Danone, the French dairy and water group, has said it will appeal a court ruling in the British Virgin Islands over its trademark dispute with Chinese business partner Wahaha....
Jacek Pastuszka has been appointed new CEO of Carlsberg Polska with effect from 9 January....
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company....
Coca-Cola Great Britain has announced its intention to buy Waters & Robson Holdings, owner of the Abbey Well mineral water brand....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Coca-Cola Enterprises Q1 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India