FRANCE: Danone strengthens water presence
Danone is to buy a 53.2% stake in the joint venture, which is to be based in Switzerland, and will retain an option to acquire the remainder of the company in 2008. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Eden Springs, listed on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, currently operates in 13 European countries and had sales last year of €144m (US$154m). According to the two partners, the new joint venture will have a 20% share of the European HOF market.
Companies: Groupe Danone
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report