FRANCE/US: Danone silent on return of PepsiCo talk
Groupe Danone has refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company.
Rumours have resurfaced in France linking PepsiCo with a possible takeover of Danone, two years after the US company's alleged interest in the company sparked much speculation in the business press.
Late last week, French business radio channel BFM claimed PepsiCo is still keen on buying Danone to enable it to "overtake" arch-rival Coca-Cola Co.
"Never has Pepsi's appetite for Danone been so strong," an unnamed source is believed to have told the station.
Danone, however, refused to be drawn on the report. "We have no comment to make," a spokesperson in Paris told just-drinks' sister site just-food this morning (9 July).
Two years ago, PepsiCo's rumoured interest in Danone forced the French government to state that it would protect the company from any overseas takeover bid.
Officials at PepsiCo could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Groupe Danone and its Chinese venture partner, Hangzhou Wahaha, have called a truce on their long-running feud,...
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Groupe Danone has dismissed a lawsuit from the trade union of its joint venture in China as "totally groundless", and has called for calm in the long-running saga....
Groupe Danone has said it is "highly concerned" about the latest reports regarding the ongoing clash with its partner in China....
Food and beverage giant PepsiCo has announced the appointment of Dr Mehmood Khan as chief scientific officer, a newly-created role....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research