FRANCE: Danone silent on Indian water targets
Groupe Danone has declined to comment over recent speculation that it is looking at potential acquisitions within the Indian bottled water market.
Local reports this week have linked the French company to DS Group's Catch and Sheelpe Enterprises' Aava water brands. When asked about these claims today (27 July) by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Danone said: "These are all just rumours and we don't make statements based on rumours. I have no comment on expansion in India."
Danone, which imports its Evian water brand in India, was recently cited in the Economic Times as having approached DS Group chairman Ravinder Kumar as well as entered into discussions with the founder of Sheelpe Enterprises.
The paper also claimed this week that Danone, Coca-Cola Co. and the consumer goods unit of Wipro were in talks to buy India's top bottled water brand, Bisleri, owned by Ramesh Chauhan, chairman of Bisleri International.
Attention has been focused on the Indian bottled water sector over the last week or so as speculation has mounted that Danone and a number of other companies are looking to expand their presence in th...
Beverages claiming health benefits have become a key product development area for soft drinks companies, and as consumers look to "detox" following holiday excess, January is the perfect time to intro...
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
Volvic has joined with the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) for the launch of a drink campaign that will bring clean water to rural parts of Africa....
Groupe Danone and its Chinese venture partner, Hangzhou Wahaha, have called a truce on their long-running feud,...
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Groupe Danone has dismissed a lawsuit from the trade union of its joint venture in China as "totally groundless", and has called for calm in the long-running saga....
Groupe Danone has said it is "highly concerned" about the latest reports regarding the ongoing clash with its partner in China....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research