FRANCE: Danone share trading to be investigated
Trading in shares of Danone are to come under the investigation of the French stock market watchdog, Autorite des Marches Financiers (AMF), following the huge gains the company's stock made on rumours of a potential PepsiCo takeover attempt.
The AMF said yesterday that it had launched a formal investigation.
The French food and drink group has said it will respond to any questions the investigators have.
On Monday (July 25) the AMF said that a French association representing minority shareholders filed a complaint alleging share-price manipulation of Danone's stock.
Meanwhile, PepsiCo continued to refuse to comment on its intentions with regards to Danone.
Speaking to AFP, a PepsiCo spokesperson would only say the company was in full compliance with French takeover regulations.
"When asked by the AMF, we confirmed that we are in compliance with all French laws and regulations. This response speaks for itself," PepsiCo spokesman Mark Dollens told Agence France-Presse.
"PepsiCo has been consistent throughout this matter that we do not comment on rumours," he added, refusing to comment further.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future