INDIA: Danone sets up j-v with Yakult Honsha
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co.
Held equally by the two partners, the new company, to be called Yakult Danone India Private Limited, will target the development of the Indian market for probiotics.
Yakult Danone India will initially market Yakult brand products, beginning at the end of 2005 and Danone probiotics products and brands may be added later.
Aimed at creating India's leading producer of probiotics, the move is part of a cooperation agreement announced between the two groups in March 2004.
"By joining forces the two partners, will reinforce their leadership in probiotics and hope to develop operations jointly in a country where neither is yet present," Danone added.
"The alliance will also strengthen joint efforts in research and development and raise awareness of probiotics around the world through the Global Probiotics Council and the establishment of joint working groups."
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Rumours that PepsiCo may make a bid for Danone have intensified, leading to concerns from the French Government....
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Unicer is looking to fill the seat recently vacated by Danone at Mahou-San Miguel....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research