FRANCE: Danone sells Italian water brands - report
Danone has decided to sell its Italian bottled water brands, including Ferrarelle, according to local press reports.
French newspaper Les Echos said today (22 November) that the French group will sell its Italian water subsidiary Italaquae to LGR Holding.
LGR is controlled by an Italian businessman, Carlo Pontecorvo, who until 1997 owned the company which supplied Ferrarelle with its glass bottles.
The financial details of the deal have not been disclosed, the newspaper said, but it is expected to go through in early January next year.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits