FRANCE: Danone sells Danao brand to CCLF
Groupe Danone has sold its Danao brand to French cider company Cidreries du Calvados la Fermiere (CCLF), it has been reported.
According to local press, the company said that the sale of the fruit juice and milk brand, which accounts for 1.4% of Danone France's sales, is an attempt to streamline its business. The group is looking to sharpen its focus on areas such as clinical nutrition, fresh dairy and bottled water product.
Representatives at Danone were not available for comment when just-drinks contacted the company.
Last week, Groupe Danone refused to comment on reports claiming that PepsiCo remains interested in buying the French food company. The French business radio channel BFM had claimed PepsiCo is still keen on buying Danone to enable it to "overtake" arch-rival Coca-Cola Co.
The Christmas season may be a time notorious for over-indulgence, but soft drinks companies see it as a key period for adult soft drinks, where the emphasis is increasingly on healthy offerings. Annet...
A group of 11 major food and drinks companies have launched a new self-regulatory initiative in Europe under which they will voluntary make changes to how and what they advertise directly to children....
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
Pepsi Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has lowered the price range for next month's IPO....
Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) has seen volumes in 2007 rise on the year before...
Groupe Danone and its Chinese venture partner, Hangzhou Wahaha, have called a truce on their long-running feud,...
UK tap water has come up near the top in a blind taste test, according to local reports....
Groupe Danone has dismissed a lawsuit from the trade union of its joint venture in China as "totally groundless", and has called for calm in the long-running saga....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends