FRANCE: Danone sees 4.1% Q1 sales boost
The French food and drink group Danone has announced a 4.1% lift in sales for its first quarter, compared to the same period last year, to €3.583 billion (US$3.2 billion).
Danone went on to say that for 2002 it foresees sales growth of at least 5.2% and an increase of four to five percentage points in the 2001 operating margin of 11.1%.
Sales growth was particularly strong in Asia, up 10%, and Western Europe, up 5%. But growth was flat in American markets.
Danone is reported to be in talks with Coca-Cola that would make the US soft-drink giant the sole importer and distributor of Evian mineral water in the US.
Danone has not commented on the report.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD