US: Danone rolls-out updated Evian bottle
Danone said the new Evian bottle design will reduce its carbon footprint by 32%
The 1.5-litre bottle is made up of 50% recycled-PET, and is 100% recyclable, the firm said ysterday (16 March). The bottle also uses 11% less plastic and weighs 3.4g less than the previous design.
Danone said the new design will reduce the bottle's overall carbon footprint by 32% and is part of the company's environmental policy to reduce CO2 emissions by 40% between 2008 and the end of 2011.
Yesterday, PepsiCo launched what it claims is the first PET plastic bottle made from plant-based, fully renewable resources.
PepsiCo has increased its presence in emerging markets after completing its acquisition of Wimm-Bill-Dann....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?