SERBIA: Danone poised to buy Serbian water player
Danone has announced it has submitted a public offer to acquire part of the capital of Knjaz Milos , the leading player in Serbia's bottled water market.
The French giant has not disclosed details of its offer but Les Echos reports that Danone's bid centres on acquiring 30% of Knjaz Milos' capital for €13m.
Knjaz Milos, which had 2003 sales of around €70m in 2003, accounts for 60% of the local market which totals 471 million litres annually. Its main brands are Knjaz Milos and Aqua Viva.
The Serbian state currently holds 41.3% of the company's capital but has no voting rights. It is supporitng a bid from Serbian basketball star, Vlade Divac.
Other bidders are London-based hedge fund, Ashmore Investment Management, Serbian brewery Pivovarna Lasko, UK fund Salford and offshore fund FPP Balkan.
Knjaz Milos' shareholders have until September 19 to accept one of the offers.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research