EUROPE: Danone offloads Chiquita smoothie unit
Danone sold the unit in mid-March
Danone has confirmed that its JV with Chiquita Brands International, Danone Chiquita Fruits, has sold its smoothie operations to German fruit company Gebruder Bagusat.
The deal took place in mid-March and excluded operations in France, where production has been stopped, a Danone spokesperson told just-drinks today (3 April). No financial details have been released.
The deal follows reports in French media in January that Danone Chiquita Fruits was hoping to offload the business to Bagusat.
Danone, which has a 51% stake in Danone Chiquita Fruits, formed the JV with US firm Chiquita in 2010 to market fruit-based drinks for the European market. The products were based on Chiquita’s Just Fruit in a Bottle drinks.
The spokesperson said the JV still exists but has “no commercial activity”.
Chiquita did not respond to a request for comment.
Danone Waters Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in bottled water in Germany. The company offers different brands within bottled water, including Volvic and Evian. Its main strategy is to f...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research