FRANCE : Danone invests behind Salvetat plant
Danone sees strong growth for Salvetat brand
Danone Eaux is to invest around EUR6m (US$8m) at its plant in Salvetat-sur-Agout, in southern France, which produces the French group's Salvetat sparkling mineral water brand.
Part of the sum will go on new bore hole work in order to increase production capacity in response to strong growth in volume sales. Figures from Danone show volumes for natural flavour Salvetat increased by 10.5% in 2010.
So far in 2011, volume sales have risen 28%, reaching record levels. The brand's French market share has grown from 7.9% in 2006 to 15.5% in 2011, in volume, making it the leading brand for sparkling mineral water sold in French supermarket outlets.
Danone's investment will also target the construction of a warehouse and work to improve road access to the plant.
The first part of Chris Mercer's interview with Cecile Bonnefond, CEO of Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' Champagne unit, ended with the Champagne veteran holding forth on the need ...
This month, Ray Rowlands, takes a look at the developing role of PET in soft drinks and its environmental impact....
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research