FRANCE: Danone incurs €450m charge
Danone is to incur a charge of approximately €450m in its 2004 consolidated accounts in relation to its holding in DS Waters, LLP, the US Home Office Delivery (HOD) joint-venture that it formed with Suntory Ltd in late-2003.
This one-time charge consists of an impairment of its holding in DS Waters and a provision for its related commitment to Suntory.
Slower volume growth patterns for the HOD industry, an increasingly aggressive pricing environment on HOD formats and faster than expected erosion of cooler rental revenues led to the impairment decision, Danone said.
These negative factors have outweighed the cost synergies generated by the combination of Danone and Suntory's HOD businesses.
Suntory has announced plans to add to its third beer portfolio....
Allied Domecq and Suntory have launched a green tea liqueur called Zen in the US, following test-marketing in New York, Hawaii and California. The product will begin rolling out nationwide next week....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research