FRANCE: Danone income hit by HOD sell-off
Danone, currently believed to be a takeover target of PepsiCo, reported a fall in first half net income to €347m from €547m, as the company booked a provision of around €200m from negotiations to sell the group's participation in its HOD business in the US.
This provision made up the majority of non-current net income for the period.
Sales growth was more encouraging, Danone said today (21 July) with consolidated net sales reaching €6,437m in the first half of 2005 compared to €6,257m in the first half of 2004, an increase of 2.9% on a reported basis.
Underlying net income from continuing activities amounted to €503m in the first half of 2005, compared to €468m in the first half of 2004, an increase of 7.5%.
Based on its performance in the period, the group said it was confident in its ability to achieve full year 2005 like-for-like sales growth between 6% and 7%; a rise in trading operating margin of +20 to +40 basis points; and growth in underlying earnings per share from continuing activities of approximately 10%.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015