US: Danone in water venture with Suntory
Danone said the joint venture would combine the operations of the Suntory Water Group and the US HOD activities of Danone Waters of North America, with each company holding a 50% stake. The deal is expected to be completed in the autumn.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed but Danone said the company would have annual revenues in excess of US$800m and would be the largest HOD operation in the world.
The company's brands will include Crystal Springs, Sparkletts and Alhambra.
Suntory has announced plans to add to its third beer portfolio....
Allied Domecq and Suntory have launched a green tea liqueur called Zen in the US, following test-marketing in New York, Hawaii and California. The product will begin rolling out nationwide next week....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends