FRANCE: Danone H1 profits climb, raises guidance
Danone has targeted FY sales growth of “at least” 6%
Danone has recorded an increase in first-half profits as its waters division posted “solid” sales growth.
For the six months to the end of June, net profits from continuing operations increased 10.1% to reach EUR848m (US$1.10bn), the French firm said today (27 July).
Operating profits amounted to EUR1.28bn, up 2% on the prior year period, while net sales rose 7% to reach EUR8.36bn.
Danone’s waters division experienced like-for-like sales growth of 4.8%, while volume grew 7.8% driven mainly by the emerging markets.
The company said that it expects the “financial, economic and social crises will continue to weigh on consumption trends in Europe”, while emerging markets are expected to keep “developing well” overall.
For the full-year, Danone has targeted sales growth of “at least” 6%, up from its previous guidance of more than 5%.
Click here to view the full earnings release and check back later for further insight into Danone’s first-half results.
The second round-up in our Review of the Year series sees Ben Cooper consider a busy 12 months for our soft drink brethren....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces on just-drinks in 2010....
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Change Your Name Before It's Too Late
- Interview - PepsiCo chief scientific officer
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Pernod takes 84% stake in Avion Spirits