FRANCE: Danone eyes acquisitions in emerging markets
Groupe Danone is reportedly planning to spend EUR500m-1bn (US$641m-1.2bn) in the next three to five years on acquisitions.
The French beverage and dairy group, whose drinks stable include water brands Evian and Volvic, is eyeing acquisitions in emerging markets like China as it looks to reduce its dependence on Western Europe.
Danone CFO Antoine Giscard D'Estaing told the Wall Street Journal late last week that the company was also looking at expanding into markets including Chile, Tunisia and Thailand.
Drinks were the top performer during the first half of the year at Danone, which saw its "best-ever" leap in six-month sales.
The company saw sales hit EUR7.2bn in the period to 30 June. Operating profit leapt 13.4% to EUR972m.
Danone's drinks division outperformed its other buoyant businesses with sales growth of 12.1%.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Rising sales and earnings from Groupe Danone's drinks division have helped drive a strong 2006 at the French consumer goods group....
China's biggest pure fruit juice maker Huiyuan Juice has raised HKD2.4bn (US$307m) in an initial public offering on the Hong Kong stock exchange....
The European Commission has today (8 February) welcomed a European court's decision to throw out an appeal from Group Danone against fines imposed over the company's alleged role in a Belgian beer car...
Huiyuan Juice, one of China's few national juice brands, looks set to start its initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange....
Company Products International (CPI), the Denmark-based consumer products marketing company, has reached an agreement to buy the private-label business of mineral water company Aqua d'or....
Chinese food giant Tingyi Holdings is looking to more than double its sales of bottled water in the next three years....
A look at this month's new beverage products includes the Cocaine controversy in the US, a newly-sized water targeting men in the UK and a Brazilian octagonally-packaged water....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research