FRANCE: Danone executive to head new Suntory Europe unit
Japan's Suntory Beverage & Food has appointed Stanislas de Gramont to head its new European subsidiary.
De Gramont will take up the London-based post later this month when the division, Suntory Beverage & Food Europe Ltd, is expected to begin trading. The unit will head up Suntory's Orangina Schweppes Group, as well as the Lucozade and Ribena brands that the company bought from GlaxoSmithKline late last year. It was not immediately clear if Suntory's Morrison Bowmore Scotch whisky division would also come under the unit's control.
Orangina Schweppes has been headed by Nabuhiro Torri, CEO of Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd, since August following the sudden departure of Jacques Steffens, who had assumed the role in March.
De Gramont joins Suntory from Danone, where he headed up the fresh dairy products division in France as well as having oversight of its activities in Western Europe and North Africa. He began his career at Orangina.
Suntory Beverage & Food Europe will go live on 20 January.
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces written by our regular columnists on j...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd was listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2013, with the aim of financing its global M&A. The company acquired two brands Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline in Septem...
Suntory made a significant move in 2013 with the acquisition of Lucozade and Ribena from GlaxoSmithKline. This has boosted its presence in sports and energy drinks in Western Europe. However, the bran...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research