FRANCE: Danone confirms 08 dividend payout
French bottled water and dairy firm Danone has confirmed that it will pay a 2008 dividend of EUR1.20 per share.
Danone, which confirmed the payout today (24 April), said that shareholders would have the option of receiving payment in cash or exchanging their dividen payment for new shares in the company. A payment date has been set for 27 May.
Those wishing to take out new shares will be able to do so between 30 April and 18 May, said the firm.
Danone said this month that net sales rose by 1% to EUR3.76bn (US$4.9bn) for the three months to the end of March, as a rise in the firm's nutrition business offset declines in the bottled water and dairy divisions.
"Apart from water, where the jury is still out, I am completely convinced that Danone's product propositions are rock solid," said independent analyst James Amoroso, following the results statement.
There is always a bubble inflating somewhere. Right now that somewhere appears to be the soft drinks market. Intense interest among Japanese buyers has created an opportunity for US private-equity fir...
Danone said the growth of its waters division is coming from emerging markets as it posted an increase in sales for the third quarter of the year....
Danone Waters posted an increase in like-for-like sales for the third quarter and said it remains confident about next year....
Following the news this week that The Coca-Cola Co is to open a still beverage production plant in China - the company's largest single investment in still beverage production facilities in the countr...
A UK television advert for Danone's Actimel has been banned by the country's advertising watchdog for failing to back up its claim that the yoghurt drink provides health benefits to children....
Danone said yesterday (30 September) it has agreed to sell its 51% stake in a joint venture with China's Wahaha, bringing to an end their long-running dispute and years of court battles across the glo...
Danone's trademark dispute with Wahaha may have ended, but the fallout from the one of the most long-running and high-profile disputes between joint venture partners in the drinks sector will not disa...
Danone has agreed to sell its 51% stake in a joint venture with China's Wahaha, bringing to an end their long-running dispute....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report