FRANCE: Danone CFO joins exec committee
Pierre-André Terisse, the recently-appointed CFO at Danone, has been named on the food giant's executive committee.
Terisse, who started with the committee yesterday (14 April), joined Danone from cigar maker Altadis earlier this year after replacing Antoine Giscard d'Estaing, who had decided to resign from the company.
Terisse, 41, spent 11 years at Danone after joining the French dairy giant in 1992. In 2003, he joined Altadis as treasury director.
Yesterday, the France-based company, which owns the Evian and Volvic water brands, said that total group sales in the first three months of 2008 were up by 11.4% on the corresponding quarter a year, at EUR3.76bn (US$5.93bn.
Sales at the water division rose by 7%, following what a spokesperson for the company described as the "de-consolidation" of its Chinese joint venture with Hangzhou Wahaha from its financial performance. Revenue from the unit reached EUR695m, compared to EUR1.01bn in Q1 last year, when Chinese results were also factored in.
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
The three leading bottled water brands in the UK launched the Natural Hydration Council (NHC) earlier this month. The organisation says it is not a lobby group but aims to research and promote the env...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
French food and drink giant Groupe Danone has drawn up a short list of possible buyers for its Frucor Beverages business in Australia and New Zealand....
Chinese firm Wahaha has said it is confident of victory when its trademark dispute with Groupe Danone goes before a Swedish tribunal in January....
US soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has filed an application with the Chinese government for its takeover of Huiyuan Juice Group....
Cadbury Schweppes today insisted that it had no concrete timetable for the review of its Australian soft drinks arm....
Negative publicity for bottled water in the US and Europe failed to stem growth in the sector around the world last year, according to recent research....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China