FRANCE/CHINA: Danone calls time on Wahaha brouhaha?
The French company is reportedly looking for an "honourable" way to extract itself from its troubled partnership, a report in Les Echos has claimed. The newspaper did not cite its sources, while a spokesperson for Danone declined to comment on the report when contacted by just-drinks today (22 May).
Danone accused Hangzhou Wahaha early last year of illegally selling products "which are the same as the joint venture's products under (the) Wahaha trademark, without proper authorisation". Hangzhou Wahaha dismissed the allegation, and countersued Danone in June, claiming up to EUR5bn (US$6.73bn) in damages for what it termed "illegal activities".
In December, the two sides called a truce and are currently in negotiations to try to resolve the situation.
Australia's drinks industry could be facing a few seismic shifts over the next few months....
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company....
Coca-Cola Great Britain has announced its intention to buy Waters & Robson Holdings, owner of the Abbey Well mineral water brand....
Coca-Cola's US$2.4bn proposed takeover of China's Huiyuan Juice Group remains on track, the soft drinks giant has said....
Groupe Danone, the French dairy and water giant, has said that it expects to achieve above-market growth in all of its business sectors next year, despite worsening economic conditions....
Kirin Beverage Corp has recalled more than half a million bottles of Volvic mineral water in Japan, following consumer complaints, according to local reports....
Branded bottled water looks like the early victim in the global economic downturn, following results from big hitters Nestle and Danone last week....
Danone has agreed a deal to sell its Frucor Australasian drinks division to Japan's Suntory for more than EUR600m, the group has announced....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends