CHINA: Danone buys stake in juice leader
Groupe Danone has bought a stake in China's largest juice producer, China Hui Yuan Juice Holdings, for an undisclosed sum.
The French drinks group said today (3 July) that it had snapped up a 22.18% holding in Hui Yuan, which controls 17% of China's fledgling juice market.
Juice consumption in China has grown at over 15% a year over the last three years. However, annual per capita consumption stands at just 2 litres, compared to 11.5 litres in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Danone, which already leads the bottled water market in China, said Hui Yuan had "developed an enviable brand image" with its flagship brands Nectar and Pure Juice, which lead the juice market's "health-oriented segments".
Danone owns Wahaha, the most popular bottled water brand in China.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
Chinese food giant Tingyi Holdings is looking to more than double its sales of bottled water in the next three years....
A look at this month's new beverage products includes the Cocaine controversy in the US, a newly-sized water targeting men in the UK and a Brazilian octagonally-packaged water....
Russian soft drinks producer Wimm-Bill-Dann has said that unnamed shareholders will sell a 10% stake in the company to boost liquidity....
Drinks outperformed the rest of Groupe Danone's business during its third-quarter, as the French company reported rising sales for the three months to 30 September....
Despite a significant rise in marketing costs, C&C has reported a 66% rise in first half operating profits to EUR113.5m (US$142.2m) and a 77% rise in adjusted earnings per share to 28.7 cent. The grou...
Groupe Danone has bought a stake in Danish water group Aqua d'or....
Eastern Europe is set to provide impressive growth for bottled water companies, according to a recent report. Sales of bottled water last year in the region rose by 9%, a report by drinks analyst Zeni...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages