SERBIA: Danone bid for Knjaz comes under attack
The battle for control of the Serbian drinks group Knjaz Milos has heated up, with the UK-based fund FPP Balkan accusing a Serbian minister of favouring the Danone-led bid for the business, despite the fact it was for less money than FFP's bid.
As just-drinks reported earlier this week, over the weekend both Danone and FPP Balkan claimed victory in the fight for the Serbian drinks firm after it was put up for auction by the Serbian government.
Today, FPP's representative in Serbia, Srdjan Muskatirovic said: "The Securities Commission decided yesterday to disqualify Danone but while the statement was being prepared, Deputy Prime Minister Miroljub Labus phoned in and stopped the decision."
According to a Reuters report, both Danone and Labus declined to make any comment.
The report said a source close to the securities watchdog believed the Securities Commission had abruptly cancelled a news conference at which it had planned to declare Danone's bid invalid.
Small shareholders in Knjaz are expected to take the issue to parliament this week to demand to know why the Danone bid was not disqualified.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends